Web 3D Applications (H7006)
15 credits, Level 6
You'll explore how 3D can be integrated into mobile web-based applications and study technologies such as:
- 3D modelling methods for real-time rendering and associated authoring packages (for example, 3ds Max)
- implementation of efficient navigation and interaction methods
- responsive web design applied to the implementation of mobile web-based 3D applications.
- build a web mobile 3D application (an interactive 3D application that renders across desktop, tablet and mobile devices based on an MVC design pattern).
Example web mobile 3D applications may include a virtual museum, product configurator, vehicle visualisation, burglary simulation or simple web game.
100%: Practical (Laboratory)
100%: Coursework (Project)
Contact hours and workload
This module is 150 hours of work. This breaks down into 33 hours of contact time and 117 hours of independent study.
This module is running in the academic year 2019/20. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses:
- Computer Science (with an industrial placement year) BSc
- Computer Science (with an industrial placement year) MComp
- Computer Science BSc
- Computer Science MComp
- Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence (with an industrial placement year) BSc
- Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence BSc
- Computing for Business and Management (with an industrial placement year) BSc
- Computing for Business and Management BSc
- Computing for Digital Media (with an industrial placement year) BSc
- Computing for Digital Media BSc
- Finance and Technology (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Finance and Technology BSc
- Games and Multimedia Environments (with an industrial placement year) BSc
- Games and Multimedia Environments BSc