Organisational Psychology (C8041)
15 credits, Level 6
The module explores the application of psychology to a wide range of issues relating to work organisations. Theories from mainstream psychology regarding issues such as social identity, group decision-making, stereotyping, leadership and motivation will inform detailed discussion of key topics in organisational psychology. These include: work motivation and work behaviour; group processes, teamwork and leadership; organisational structure and culture; organisational change and development; and gender and cultural diversity in the workplace.
9%: Practical (Workshop)
100%: Coursework (Essay, Report)
Contact hours and workload
This module is 150 hours of work. This breaks down into 22 hours of contact time and 128 hours of independent study.
This module is running in the academic year 2019/20. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses:
- Psychology (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Psychology BSc
- Psychology with Business and Management BSc
- Psychology with Clinical Approaches BSc
- Psychology with Cognitive Science BSc
- Psychology with Criminology BSc
- Psychology with Economics BSc
- Psychology with Education BSc
- Psychology with Neuroscience BSc