Sussex Bursary (2021/2022) (2021)
Type of award
Undergraduate and Foundation Year
£1,000 in your first year of study (either Year 1 or Foundation Year).
£500 in subsequent years.
The bursary will be automatically paid to you if you meet all the following criteria:
- Started your undergraduate course on or after September 2020;
- Funded as a Home student in 2021/22;
- Have an assessed household income of less than £25,000;
- Not in receipt of non-means tested grant element to your funding (such as Welsh funded students or Year 2 / 3 Social Worker students);
- Registered as a full-time student in 2021/22;
- Studying at Sussex (i.e. not on a placement year or Year Abroad).
Your household income must be validated by:
If you are on a Year Abroad or Placement Year you will not be eligible for the award in that year as you pay a reduced tuition fee to the University.
If you meet the other eligibility criteria and are repeating a year on health or personal grounds you may eligible for the £500 award. Please contact the Funding Team for more detail.
Students who started their studies before September 2020 will continue to receive the First-Generation bursary if they qualify.
Please Note: If your household income is re-assessed to be above the £25,000 threshold before the award is paid the award will be withdrawn. The previous entitlement letter will no longer apply.
Number of scholarships available
Deadline1 August 2022 0:00 (GMT)
How to apply
Application is automatic as the University receives the information directly from Student Finance.
Please contact the Funding Team (email@example.com) if you have any questions.
Notification letters will be sent out from late June 2021.
The bursary will be paid in one instalment on or close to the 14th November each year.
1 August 2022 0:00 (GMT)
The award is available to people from these specific countries: