Arts Scholars MA Award (2017)
The Arts Scholars MA Award of £10,000 is kindly funded through the generous philanthropic support of the Worshipful Company of Arts Scholars and match funded by the University of Sussex.
Applications are invited from students who have, or expect to achieve, a first-class honours degree or an upper second-class honours degree from a UK university, or equivalent degree from an overseas institution, and who have accepted a full-time offer of a place on the Art History and Museum Curating MA commencing in 2017-18 at the University of Sussex.
Two awards are available and will be paid in a single instalment of £10,000 in October 2017. In the first instance the award will be paid as a fee waiver, with any remaining funds to be paid as maintenance payments.
What you get
Type of award
In order to be considered for an Award you must:
- have, or expect to achieve, a first-class honours degree or an upper second-class honours degree from a UK university, or equivalent degree from an overseas institution
- have accepted a full-time offer of a place on the Art History and Museum Curating MA commencing in 2017-18 at the University of Sussex.
Deadline30 June 2017 23:59
How to apply
In order to apply for an Award please submit a personal statement alongside the attached application form. Applications will be ranked and assessed on the following criteria:
- Academic performance
- Personal circumstances/financial need
- Career aspirations.
If you are awarded any the Arts Scholars MA Award you will not be able to receive any other scholarship funded by the University of Sussex.
Prof Geoffrey Quilley
Head of Department of Art History
Tel: +44 (0)1273 678001
- Deadline for applications: 30 June 2017
- Selection panel will confirm successful applications by 31 July 2017
- Successful applicants will be be notified once selection made
- Successful applicants will start the course in September 2017.
30 June 2017 23:59 (GMT)
the deadline has now expired
Arts Scholars MA Award Application Form (35.38KB)