Chancellor’s International Scholarship (2019)
Type of award
Tuition fee reduction
50% tuition fee reduction
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be classified as overseas for fee purposes.
- have accepted a place on a full time eligible Masters, commencing at the University of Sussex in September 2019.
- have excellent grades (UK first class or equivalent)
- have clear and specific goals with defined links to your course.
As there are limited scholarships available, this scholarship is extremely competitive (for 2018 entry we received more than 800 applications for only 25 awards).
You are also not eligible for this scholarship if you are going to study the following courses:
- Corruption, Law and Governance LLM (delivered in Qatar)
- Development Studies MA
- Early Years in Education MA
- Globalisation, Business and Development MA
- Governance, Development and Public Policy MA
- Power, Participation and Social Change MA
- Poverty and Development MA
- Masters degrees in Social Work (if receiving a NHS bursary)
- PGCE courses
- Schools direct teaching courses
- any Masters funded by the research councils (e.g. those receiving ESRC 1+3 funding are not eligible)
- any Masters at Brighton and Sussex Medical School.
Number of scholarships available
Deadline1 May 2019 23:59 (GMT)
How to apply
You must provide a personal statement to support your application. The personal statement needs to include information about the following:
- your drive and ambitions
- your potential for positive impact when you return to your home country
- any relevant work experience, skills or extra-curricular activity that relate to your ambitions and/or chosen course
To be considered, you will need to demonstrate excellent grades in your most recent qualification (i.e. a first class degree if you are studying in the UK). You do not need to have completed your qualification, however, as we can make conditional scholarship offers.
Please complete the application form below.
You might also be interested in
The deadline to apply for the scholarship is 1 May 2019 (23:59 GMT)
Applications that meet the required criteria will be referred to an academic panel for a decision, after the deadline. The Scholarships Office will contact all applicants when a final decision has been made. All applicants should receive a final decision by 1 July.
The scholarship is awarded as a fee reduction when you register in September. The scholarship information will also be add to your CAS (confirmation of acceptance for studies) for your visa application. Applicants must be able to fund the remainder of their tuition fee and cover their living expenses for the duration of the course.
1 May 2019 23:59 (GMT)
The award is available to people from these specific countries: