Read our guidance for graduation relating to Covid-19.
Updated October 2022
Your safety at graduation is of utmost importance. Although Government restrictions on social distancing and capacities have been lifted, we still have a number of safety measures in place for graduation.
To make our events safe for everyone, we’re implementing the following safety measures:
- We have enhanced cleaning measures in place so that the venue is cleaned before your arrival and throughout the day, including restrooms, and other high use areas.
- We will have hand sanitising stations at the entrance to the Brighton Centre, on registration desks as well in high density public areas.
- We have screens at our Registration and ticket collection points.
- Face masks will be available for those that may prefer to wear them.
- The Brighton Centre air conditioning operates via Fresh Air only, this can make the venue colder or hotter but reduces the risk of airborne transmission and provides much more fresh air than usual.
How you can help:
To keep our guests and staff safe, we ask that you consider the following questions, and politely request that you do not attend one of our events if the answer to any of these questions is ‘yes’.
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 less than 5 days prior to the event and have not subsequently obtained a negative lateral flow test result?
- Are you displaying symptoms of COVID-19?
You can find out more about the University’s response to Covid here.