Rankings and affiliations for the Business School
The Business School consistently performs well in global and UK rankings. We are EQUIS and AMBA accredited and have forged strong partnerships with leading institutions.
- 3rd in the UK for annual research income - Chartered Assocation of Business Schools since 2015
- Top 10 in the UK for Business and Economics - The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021
- 10th in the UK in terms of the policy impact of our Economics research - Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014
- Top 15 in the UK for Economics and Business - NTU Rankings for 2020
- Top 15 in the UK for Economics and Business - US News and World Report Best Global Universities rankings 2021
- Top 15 in the UK for Economics and Econometrics - QS World University Rankings 2020
- 15th in the World on Citations in Business and Economics - The Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2021
- 16th in the world and 3rd in the UK in the field of energy economics - Research Papers in Economics 2019
- 1st in the World for Development Studies - QS World University Ranking 2020
- 4th in the UK and 32nd in the World - QS Supply Chain Management Masters ranking 2021
- 5th for Graduate prospects for Accounting and Finance - Complete University Guide 2021
- 5th for Graduate prospects in Business and Management Studies - Complete University Guide 2021
- Top 15 in the UK and Top 50 in the World - QS Masters in Marketing ranking 2021
- Top 15 in the UK - QS Management Masters ranking 2021
- 18th in the UK - QS Finance Masters ranking 2021
- 18th in the UK for Marketing - Complete University Guide 2021
- Top 50 in Europe - QS Global MBA ranking 2021
Accreditations and partnerships
EQUIS is the most comprehensive institutional accreditation system for business and management schools. It ensures a rigorous quality control against international standards.
The Association of MBAs (AMBA) is the global standard for MBA programmes and denotes the highest standard of achievement in postgraduate business education.
The Chartered Association of Business Schools helps us maintain world-class standards of teaching and research. We’re also members of the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD).
We are a Bloomberg Experiential Learning Partner. The Bloomberg programme recognises academic institutions that integrate Bloomberg Terminal exercises into their teaching.
Course level accreditations
Accelerate your career and boost your employment prospects with teaching recognised by major professional bodies and institutions.
- Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountings (CIMA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA)
- Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA)
- CFA Institute
- Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI)
- Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP)
- Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD)
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS)
- Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT)
- British Psychological Society (BPS).