Rankings and affiliations for the Business School
The Business School consistently performs well in global and UK rankings. We are EQUIS and AMBA accredited and have forged strong partnerships with leading institutions.
Chartered Association of Business Schools
- 2nd in the UK for annual research income 2017-2020
Complete University Guide 2022
- 8th in the UK for Graduate prospects on track in Business and Management Studies
- 1st in the UK for Graduate prospects on track for Accounting and Finance
- 10th in the UK for Graduate prospects on track in Marketing
Global Go To Think Tank Index Report 2020
- 7th in the world and 1st in the UK among science and technology policy think tanks for SPRU
- 6th in the UK for impact within social sciences and humanities, with the proportion of top 10% of publications
- 11th in the UK for impact within social sciences and humanities, with the number of top 10% publications
NTU Rankings for 2021
- 12th in the UK for Economics and Business
QS World University Rankings by Subject 2021
- 1st in the World for Development Studies
- Top 15 in the UK for Economics and Econometrics
QS Business Masters Rankings 2022
- 9th in the UK and World Top 50 - Supply Chain Management Masters ranking
- Top 20 in the UK and World Top 100 - Management Masters ranking
- Top 20 in the UK and World Top 60 - Masters in Marketing ranking
- Top 25 in the UK and 101-110 in the World - Finance Masters ranking
QS Global MBA Rankings 2022
- Top 20 in the UK, Top 60 in Europe, World Top 200 - Global MBA ranking
Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014
- 10th in the UK in terms of the policy impact of our Economics research
Research Papers in Economics 2021
- 3rd in the UK in the field of innovation
- 4th in the UK and 21st in the world in the field of energy economics
Global Ranking of Academic Subjects:
- 1st in the UK for journal citations in Management
- 5th in the UK for journal citations in Business Administration
- 6th in the UK for journal citations in Economics
- 7th in the UK for journal citations in Finance
- 8th in the UK for the number of Economics papers published in journals in the top quartile Journal Impact Factor during 2015-2019
Academic Ranking of World Universities:
- Joint 15th-20th in the UK
Times Higher Education World University Rankings
- 13th in the UK and World Top 100 for Business and Economics (2022)
- 15th in the World on Citations in Business and Economics (2021)
- 41st in the World for delivering on the UN Sustainable Development Goals - World Impact Rankings (2021)
US News and World Report Best Global Universities Rankings 2021
- Top 15 in the UK for Economics and Business
Accreditations and partnerships
EQUIS is the most comprehensive institutional accreditation system for business and management schools. It ensures a rigorous quality control against international standards.
The Association of MBAs (AMBA) is the global standard for MBA programmes and denotes the highest standard of achievement in postgraduate business education.
The Chartered Association of Business Schools helps us maintain world-class standards of teaching and research. We’re also members of the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD).
We are a Bloomberg Experiential Learning Partner. The Bloomberg programme recognises academic institutions that integrate Bloomberg Terminal exercises into their teaching.
We are a partner member of the Responsible Research in Business and Management (RRBM) network, who recognise us as a pioneering institution. We are also a PRME signatory.
Course level accreditations
Accelerate your career and boost your employment prospects with teaching recognised by major professional bodies and institutions.
- Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountings (CIMA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA)
- Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA)
- CFA Institute
- Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI)
- Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP)
- Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD)
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS)
- Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT)
- British Psychological Society (BPS).
You might also be interested in: