Rankings and affiliations for the Business School
The Business School consistently performs well in global and UK rankings. We are EQUIS and AMBA accredited and have forged strong partnerships with leading institutions.
Chartered Association of Business Schools
- 1st in the UK for annual research income 2020/21
Complete University Guide 2023
- 16th in the UK for Marketing
Global Go To Think Tank Index Report 2020
- 7th in the world and 1st in the UK among science and technology policy think tanks for SPRU
Leiden Ranking 2022
- 4th in the UK for impact within social sciences and humanities, with the proportion of top 10% of publications
- 9th in the UK for impact within social sciences and humanities, with the number of top 10% publications
NTU Rankings for 2022
- 16th in the UK for Economics and Business
QS World University Rankings by Subject 2022
- 1st in the World for Development Studies
- Top 15 in the UK for Economics and Econometrics
QS Business Masters Rankings 2023
- Joint 9th in the UK and World Top 51+ - Supply Chain Management Masters ranking
- Joint 14th in the UK and World Top 100 - Management Masters ranking
- Top 20 in the UK and World Top 70 - Masters in Marketing ranking
- Top 25 in the UK and 111-120 in the World - Finance Masters ranking
QS Global MBA Rankings 2023
- 28th in the UK, Top 60 in Europe, World Top 201-250 - Global MBA ranking
Research.com Top University Ranking 2022
- 10th in the UK for Economics and Finance
- 20th in the UK for Business and Management
Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2021
- 97% of Economics and Econometrics research overall was graded either world-leading (4*) or internationally excellent (3*)
- 86% of Business and Management Studies research overall was graded either world-leading (4*) or internationally excellent (3*)
REF 2021 performance, as ranked by Times Higher Education
- Tied 6th in the UK for the impact of our Economics and Econometrics (including trade) research
- 13th (of 25) in the UK for the overall quality of our Economics and Econometrics research
- 22nd in the UK for Business and Management Studies Research Power
- 28th (of 108) in the UK for the overall quality of our Business and Management Studies research
Research Papers in Economics 2021
- 3rd in the UK in the field of innovation
- 4th in the UK and 21st in the world in the field of energy economics
ShanghaiRanking Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) 2022
- Joint 17th-21st in the UK
ShanghaiRanking Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2022
- World Top 51-75 for Economics
- 3rd in the UK for journal citations in Management
- 5th in the UK for journal citations in Business Administration
- 6th in the UK for journal citations in Economics
Times Higher Education World Impact Rankings 2022
- Joint 37th in the World for delivering on the UN Sustainable Development Goals
Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2023
- Top 15 in the UK and World Top 125 for Business and Economics
- 8th in the UK and Top 60 in the World on Citations in Business and Economics
US News and World Report Best Global Universities Rankings 2023
- 11th in the UK for Economics and Business
Accreditations and partnerships
EQUIS is the most comprehensive institutional accreditation system for business and management schools. It ensures a rigorous quality control against international standards.
The Association of MBAs (AMBA) is the global standard for MBA programmes and denotes the highest standard of achievement in postgraduate business education.
The Chartered Association of Business Schools helps us maintain world-class standards of teaching and research. We’re also members of the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD).
We are a Bloomberg Experiential Learning Partner. The Bloomberg programme recognises academic institutions that integrate Bloomberg Terminal exercises into their teaching.
We are a partner member of the Responsible Research in Business and Management (RRBM) network, who recognise us as a pioneering institution. We are also a PRME signatory.
We are a member of the United Nations Global Compact and have signed up to the Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME) initiative.
Course level accreditations
Accelerate your career and boost your employment prospects with teaching recognised by major professional bodies and institutions.
- Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA)
- Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA)
- CFA Institute
- Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI)
- Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP)
- Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD)
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS)
- Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT)
- British Psychological Society (BPS).
You might also be interested in: