Rankings and affiliations for the Business School
The Business School consistently performs well in global and UK rankings. We are EQUIS and AMBA accredited and have forged strong partnerships with leading institutions.
Chartered Association of Business Schools
- 1st in the UK for annual research income 2019-2022
Complete University Guide 2024
- 18th in the UK for Marketing
Global Go To Think Tank Index Report 2020
- 7th in the world and 1st in the UK among science and technology policy think tanks for SPRU
Leiden Ranking 2022
- 4th in the UK for impact within social sciences and humanities, with the proportion of top 10% of publications
- 9th in the UK for impact within social sciences and humanities, with the number of top 10% publications
NTU Rankings for 2023
- 14th in the UK for Economics and Business
QS World University Rankings by Subject 2023
- 1st in the World for Development Studies
- Joint 16th in the UK for Economics and Econometrics
QS Business Masters Rankings 2024
- 16th in the UK and World Top 51+ – Supply Chain Management Masters ranking
- 18th in the UK and World Top 110 – Management Masters ranking
- 21st in the UK and World Top 90 – Masters in Marketing ranking
- Top 25 in the UK and 131-140 in the World – Finance Masters ranking
QS Global MBA Rankings 2024
- 15th in the UK, Top 50 in Europe, World Top 151-200 – Global MBA ranking
Research.com Top University Ranking 2023
- 7th in the UK and World Top 40 for Economics and Finance
- 16th in the UK and World Top 100 for Business and Management
Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2021
- 97% of Economics and Econometrics research overall was graded either world-leading (4*) or internationally excellent (3*)
- 86% of Business and Management Studies research overall was graded either world-leading (4*) or internationally excellent (3*)
REF 2021 performance, as ranked by Times Higher Education
- Tied 6th in the UK for the impact of our Economics and Econometrics (including trade) research
- 13th (of 25) in the UK for the overall quality of our Economics and Econometrics research
- 22nd in the UK for Business and Management Studies Research Power
- 28th (of 108) in the UK for the overall quality of our Business and Management Studies research
Research Papers in Economics 2021
- 3rd in the UK in the field of innovation
- 4th in the UK and 21st in the world in the field of energy economics
Shanghai Ranking Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) 2022
- Joint 17th-21st in the UK
Shanghai Ranking Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2023
- 30th in the world and 10th in the UK for Business Administration
- World Top 51-75 and joint 6th in the UK for Economics
- World Top 151-200 and 25th in the UK for Management
Times Higher Education World Impact Rankings 2023
- Top 50 in the World for delivering on the UN Sustainable Development Goals
Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2024
- Top 15 in the UK and World Top 125 for Business and Economics
- 7th in the UK for Research Quality for Business and Economics
- 9th in the UK and World Top 70 for Social Sciences
US News and World Report Best Global Universities Rankings 2023
- 11th in the UK for Economics and Business
Accreditations and partnerships
EQUIS is the most comprehensive institutional accreditation system for business and management schools. It ensures a rigorous quality control against international standards.
The Association of MBAs (AMBA) is the global standard for MBA programmes and denotes the highest standard of achievement in postgraduate business education.
The Chartered Association of Business Schools helps us maintain world-class standards of teaching and research. We’re also members of the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD).
We are a Bloomberg Experiential Learning Partner. The Bloomberg programme recognises academic institutions that integrate Bloomberg Terminal exercises into their teaching.
We are a partner member of the Responsible Research in Business and Management (RRBM) network, who recognise us as a pioneering institution. We are also a PRME signatory.
We are a member of the United Nations Global Compact and have signed up to the Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME) initiative.
Course level accreditations
Accelerate your career and boost your employment prospects with teaching recognised by major professional bodies and institutions.
- Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA)
- Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA)
- CFA Institute
- Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI)
- Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP)
- Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD)
- Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS)
- Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT)
- British Psychological Society (BPS).