Student Engagement Manager (Spirit Of Sussex) Ref 20827
School/department: Student Engagement and Enhancement
Hours: Full time or part time hours considered up to a maximum of 1 FTE. Requests for flexible working options will be considered (subject to business need).
Location: Brighton, United Kingdom
Salary: starting at £37,099 to £44,263 per annum, pro rata if part time
Placed on: 1 September 2023
Closing date: 25 September 2023. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected Interview date: To be confirmed
Expected start date: As soon as possible
The Student Engagement and Enhancement Team are part of the Student Experience Division and focus on supporting student success throughout University. The team work on initiatives and programmes primarily but not solely outlined in our access and participation plan which aim to support underepresented groups at the university and are designed to retain students and support engagement, success and progression for all.
We are looking to appoint an individual who understand the needs of existing and prospective students and specifically those who are under-represented at the university. In particular, we are looking to appoint someone who will be responsible for:
- Working with colleagues in the Student Communication Team to develop a campaign which will build on the existing success of engagement with the Spirit of Sussex Award
- Maintaining the relationship with the platform provider to ensure continuous service and therefore award delivery
- Managing a small team of Student Connectors to work on continuous development of the Spirit of Sussex Award
- Working closely with other Managers in the Student Engagement and Enhancement Team to ensure support of all Student Engagement Activity such as, Student Voice initiatives and the delivery of the Welcome Programme
- Working closely with colleagues in the wider Division of Student Experience, as well as across Schools and Professional Services to ensure promotion of the Spirit of Sussex Award
- Working closely with all colleagues involved in APP delivery to identify gaps and support development of interventions to meet targets which can be supported by engagement in the Spirit of Sussex Award
- Report into the SEE Management Group on meeting objectives set out in project delivery and evaluation timelines
Key Working relationships: SEE Managers, Students from across the University, Connectors in co-creation roles, academics and professional services within schools, Division of the Student Experience, Student Union, external partners including OFS, NEON and other universities.
Please contact Hannah Wallace at firstname.lastname@example.org for informal enquiries.
The University of Sussex values the diversity of its staff and students and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
You can find out more about our values and our EDI Strategy, Inclusive Sussex, on our webpages.
The University requires that work undertaken for the University is performed from the UK.
How to apply
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to email@example.com
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email in PDF format (we are unable to accept applications as google.docs or .pages) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.
- Download our terms and conditions summary for Administrative Staff and Other related faculty [PDF 12.54KB]
You might also be interested in: