Student Adviser Ref 20420
School/department: Brighton and Sussex Medical School
Hours: Part-time considered up to a maximum of 0.6 FTE. Requests for flexible working options will be considered (subject to business need).
Location: Brighton, UK
Contract: Fixed Term 12-month Mat Cover
Salary: starting at £36,333 to £43,155 per annum, pro rata if part-time
Placed on: 08 June 2023
Closing date: 5th of July 2023. Applications must be received by midnight of the closing date.
Expected Interview date: To be confirmed
Expected start date: As soon as possible
Brighton and Sussex Medical School (BSMS) is seeking an experienced Student Adviser to join its student advice team. The main purpose of the post will be to offer advice and guidance to undergraduate and postgraduate students throughout their degree journey.
The post involves:
- Providing initial advice to students experiencing personal, health-related, financial, social or academic difficulties and referring them when appropriate to the relevant staff / services within the Universities and/or their NHS partners.
- Developing, implementing and managing administrative systems to support students throughout their time at BSMS.
- Anticipating and responding to the information needs of students from pre-arrival through to graduation or further postgraduate study.
- Providing administrative support, training and advice to staff on student advice systems.
BSMS is undergoing a period of growth in student numbers and this post is vital for supporting the student experience. Resilience and excellent customer care credentials are essential.
Please contact Darren Beaney, firstname.lastname@example.org for informal enquiries.
We aim to be an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The University of Sussex values the diversity of its staff and students and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
You can find out more about our values and our EDI Strategy, Inclusive Sussex, on our webpages.
The University requires that work undertaken for the University is performed from the UK.
Visa Sponsorship Queries:
- "This role may be eligible for sponsorship. For a job to be eligible for sponsorship it needs to be assigned an eligible SOC code & meet minimum salary requirements and be full time. Please contact HRCompliance@sussex.ac.uk so they can check if this role can be assigned to an eligible SOC code and meets the minimum salary requirements. You can also consult our Skilled Worker Visa Information page for further information"
“Please note that this position may be subject to ATAS clearance if you require visa sponsorship.”
How to apply
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to email@example.com
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email in PDF format (we are unable to accept applications as google.docs or .pages) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.
- Download our terms and conditions summary for Administrative Staff and Other related faculty [PDF 12.54KB]