Clerical Assistant x 2 Ref 20601
School/department: School of Mathematical and Physical Sciences
Hours: Full time or part time hours considered up to 36.5 hours per week, with option for some hybrid working (core hours 9 – 5 Monday to Friday). Requests for flexible working options will be considered, subject to business need.
Salary: Starting at £22,630 to £23,662 per annum, pro rata if part time
Placed on: 3 May 2023
Closing date: 24 May 2023
Expected Interview date: To be confirmed
Expected start date: As soon as possible
We are seeking a helpful, enthusiastic, and well-organised individual to join our dynamic and friendly administrative team. The successful candidate will work closely with colleagues to deliver a high standard of support while having the freedom to create new systems.
You will have responsibility for our student reception and provide clerical support to several workstreams: Research, Teaching & Learning, Student Engagement. You will enjoy a wide variety of tasks that will vary throughout the year, keeping the job fresh and interesting. Tasks will include:
• All elements of the school reception
• Being the first point of contact for all student enquiries in person, via email and telephone
• Supporting events: booking rooms and catering
• Placing orders for stationery and other supplies.
• Supporting PhD applications and enquiries
• Coordinating and entering details of research papers on Sussex Research Online
• Collating paperwork and signatures for research grant applications
• Support for research seminars and events
• Supporting the Research team with ad hoc tasks
Teaching & Learning:
• Supporting exam administration, entering marks
• Photocopying meeting papers
• Producing letters at student request
• Supporting the Teaching and Learning team with data entry and other ad hoc tasks
• Logging student absences, working with the Student Experience Coordinator
• Supporting meetings and student experience events
• Ad hoc support with social media, websites, or outreach
The successful candidate will be professional, dynamic, versatile, and outgoing, with excellent communication skills and confidence with IT. They will have experience in customer service, data entry and information systems.
The School Office is vital to the smooth-running of the School and you will contribute to the high standards of service delivery.
Please contact Sophie Corton firstname.lastname@example.org for informal enquiries.
The University is committed to equality and valuing diversity, and applications are particularly welcomed from women and black and minority ethnic candidates, who are under-represented in academic posts in Science, Technology, Engineering, Medicine and Mathematics (STEMM) at Sussex.
The University of Sussex values the diversity of its staff and students and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
You can find out more about our values and our EDI Strategy, Inclusive Sussex, on our webpages.
The University requires that work undertaken for the University is performed from the UK.
Visa Sponsorship Queries:
- "This role may be eligible for sponsorship. For a job to be eligible for sponsorship it needs to be assigned an eligible SOC code & meet minimum salary requirements and be full time. Please contact HRCompliance@sussex.ac.uk so they can check if this role can be assigned to an eligible SOC code and meets the minimum salary requirements. You can also consult our Skilled Worker Visa Information page for further information"
How to apply
You must email your completed application, and personal details and equal opportunities form, to email@example.com
You should attach your application form and all documents to the email in PDF format (we are unable to accept applications as google.docs or .pages) and use the format job reference number / job title / your name in the subject line.
You can also send your application by post to Human Resources Division, Sussex House, University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RH.