Translational and Clinical Neuroscience Projects
Some examples of projects using translational and clinical approaches are given below.
Please note that this list of supervisors is accurate to date, but may be subject to future changes. Projects shown are examples only, intended to give a flavour of the research taking place in the lab. Supervisors and students will discuss more detailed plans or new directions together after the student has received an offer and is making their choices.
- Dr Alessandro Colasanti - Role of brain mitochondrial function and oxygen metabolism in the pathophysiology of mood disorders
- Professor Hugo Critchley - Psychiatry; affective neuroscience; autonomic psychophysiology; neuroimaging; consciousness science
- Professor Majid Hafezparast - Mechanisms of neurodegenerative disease
- Dr Ruth Murrell-Lagnado - The association of the Sigma-1 receptor with Motor Neuron Disease
- Dr Claire Lancaster - Alzheimer's Disease, brain function and cognition
- Professor Corne Kros - Mechanisms and prevention of drug-induced ototoxicity
- Dr Andy Penn - Glutamate receptors and excitatory synaptic transmission in health and disease
- Dr Charlotte Rae - Cognitive neuroscience of adaptive behavioural control
- Professor Louise Serpell - Amyloid proteins and Alzheimer's disease
- Dr Ivor Simpson - Probabilistic statistical modelling of neuroimaging data for biomarker discovery
- Dr James Stone - fMRI neurofeedback for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder