Now you are in our 190,000-strong alumni community there are lots of benefits to staying in touch, wherever you are in the world. Here are three things you can do straight away.
Join Sussex Connect
Sussex Connect is our global eMentoring platform. Use it to expand your global network, gain a mentor – and be a mentor – and share your experience with current students.
Register or log in to Sussex Connect.
Enjoy lifelong learning
With free access to academic journals in JSTOR and SAGE Journals via your alumni community portal. This is where you can also check that we have your correct contact details so that you receive the most relevant invitations and news.
Join our online alumni community.
Keep in touch with all things Sussex by subscribing to our eNewsletter and following us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. And share your news too – including suggestions on who you'd like to see featured on our website.
Your professional development
Tapping into the support available both within the alumni community and within the University could help you at any point during your career path, but may be particularly useful if you are exploring a range of different options and want to talk to careers consultants and those currently working in the industry sectors that you're interested in.
- Find thousands of members willing to help others in Sussex Connect, your global e-mentoring platform exclusively for Sussex alumni, students and staff.
- Access up to three years of advice and support, in person and online, through the Careers and Employability Centre.
As an alum, you can benefit from discounts on postgraduate study. The Sussex Alumni Award is a £2,000 discount on the tuition fee of our Masters programmes. Prefer to study online? Alumni can receive a 20% discount on our online Masters courses.
You can also enjoy free access to academic journals in JSTOR and SAGE Journals. If you live near campus or returning for a visit there are also the following discounts available:
Don't miss out on the latest news and events; keep your contact details up to date to receive:
- Sussex News, your monthly email news digest
- invitations to exclusive networking events, alumni masterclasses and academic lectures on a wide range of subjects
- Falmer, your award-winning annual magazine.
Getting involved in Sussex life
Every year we're grateful to all the recent graduates who volunteer in our overseas and Uk programmes. Even if you've just left Sussex, there are a number of ways in which you can get involved and in turn add another line or two to your cv:
- Tell us your career story to date. For example, this could be through answering questions for a career profile or being part of an alumni panel at our careers events during Making it Happen fortnight.
- If you're living overseas, sign up to be an Alumni Consul and get involved in local meet ups and be a contact point for prospective students as well as other alumni.
Consider offering help or mentoring to current students or fellow graduates through Sussex Connect, as well as using the platform to make useful connections for your professional development.