Organising your alumni reunion
Come back to campus, revisit old haunts and catch up with longstanding friends at a University reunion.
How to organise your reunion
Organising a reunion is a great way to reunite classmates who have lost touch with one another, re-ignite old friendships or they can simply be an excuse to hold a celebration for those of you who have stayed in touch over the years.
Our alumni team would be delighted to give you advice or assist you with organising your reunion. We provide a tailored service which can include the following:
- inviting your chosen cohort on your behalf via email or post
- promoting your event through our social media channels and/or website
- offering campus tours on weekdays. For weekend visitors, please see our online self-guided campus tours
- booking rooms for your event on campus (subject to availability)
- a supply of tea and coffee for your event on campus
- if you choose to stay for lunch we can book you a table in one of our campus bars, cafes or restaurants to re-live your student experience
- assist with booking on campus accommodation in our halls of residence (available outside term time only)
- signpost you to recommended accommodation providers in the local area who often offer a Sussex discount
- arranging to take a group photograph for your event which we will send to you after the event (usually weekdays only)
- inviting a member of faculty to meet with your group (subject to availability)
- producing name badges for larger groups (subject to availability of staff)
- providing goody bags for you and your cohort to take home with you
- featuring your reunion online and/or in Falmer magazine.
If you would like some assistance in arranging your reunion on campus do get in touch. Our offices are open Monday to Friday 9-5 and all we ask is for at least 10 weeks advance notice of your event so that we can plan accordingly and help you track down your classmates.
Top tips for planning your reunion
Remember to check the University’s term dates on the website to know our busiest periods.
Ensure you give us at least 10 weeks advance notice of your event, so that we can plan accordingly.
Use our downloadable online self-guided campus tours, to explore the University at your own pace.
Normally the easiest way to contact us to arrange your reunion is by emailing: email@example.com.
Inform us of as many details about your reunion event as you can.
Our offices are open Monday to Friday 9am-5pm. This is when we can offer you the most support.
New contact details should always be kept up-to-date for when you plan future reunions on campus.
Commemorate your visit and support our current students
Between Arts A and Library Square, the Arts pathway features hundreds of bricks inscribed with moving, humorous and cryptic messages. This is a unique and highly visible opportunity for alumni, staff, students and families to make their long-lasting mark on campus and to become part of Sussex history, at the same time as boosting support for scholarships and hardship bursaries via the Sussex Fund.
Your personalised paver can celebrate your reunion, carry an inspirational message to future students, or make a dedication to the person(s) who most inspired you here or elsewhere.
There are of course many other ways to celebrate your legacy at Sussex. For example, some of our alumni are particularly interested in leaving a gift in their will to support our students and research programmes. If this is something you would like more information about then please visit our legacy webpage.
Ensure your details are up to date
Don’t miss out on exclusive alumni events and news; make sure we have your up to date contact details by going to your online alumni portal or contacting the Alumni team at:
Development and Alumni Relations Office
University of Sussex
+44 (0)1273 678258