Systems, Circuits and Computational Neuroscience Projects
Some examples of projects using systems, circuits and computational approaches are given below.
Please note that this list of supervisors is accurate to date, but may be subject to future changes. Projects shown are examples only, intended to give a flavour of the research taking place in the lab. Supervisors and students will discuss more detailed plans or new directions together after the student has received an offer and is making their choices.
- Professor Tom Baden - How do visual systems sample and process behaviorally meaningful input, and how can the underlying neuronal networks adapt to changing sensory demands?
- Professor Luc Berthouze - Brain development and criticality; computational neuroscience
- Dr Chris Buckley - Neural dynamics
- Professor Paul Graham - Insect visual navigation
- Professor Phil Husbands - Meta plasticity and reconfiguration in motor circuits: embodied models
- Professor Leon Lagnado - Synapses transmitting visual information
- Professor Miguel Maravall - Dynamics of cortical sensory responses
- Professor Jeremy Niven - Sensory information processing, neural circuits and brain evolution in arthropods
- Professor Thomas Nowotny - Computational neuroscience and bio-inspired AI
- Professor Andy Philippides - Insect visual navigation: a computational approach
- Dr Sylvia Schröder - Modulation of visual processing by behaviour
- Dr Ivor Simpson - Probabilistic statistical modelling of neuroimaging data for biomarker discovery