The University of Sussex has a long history of influencing policy – locally, regionally, nationally and globally – through its world-leading research on a broad range of issues.
We pride ourselves on offering practical ideas, perspectives and solutions to ensure that our research delivers positive societal outcomes. Policy@Sussex acts as a central point of contact, providing policymakers with the insights and solutions they need.
What we offer
Our academic experts can employ their expertise and insights to:
- anticipate future challenges
- explain complex systems and explore different options
- highlight problems with existing or proposed policies and suggest creative solutions
- design new policies and strategies
- provide bespoke insights on a specific issue, for example in response to requests for evidence.
We are able to communicate complex research findings for policy audiences. We frequently submit evidence to select committees, publish policy briefings and produce multi-media outputs that highlight key points and explain important concepts.
Browse through a selection of our recent policy briefs:
- New study reveals flaws in UK Coronavirus testing system after comparison with other countries [PDF.193.4KB] (September 2020)
- A Guide to Implementing the Law on Anti-social Behaviour [PDF.244.9KB] (June 2019)
- Governance of Data Value [PDF.279.1] (March 2020)
- Narrating blood – the impact of hidden blood-related conditions [PDF.122.6KB] (Winter 2018)
Find out more
Contact: Lenny Rolles (Associate Director of Public Affairs) – L.Rolles@sussex.ac.uk
Follow us on Twitter: @Policy_Sussex
Read our policy engagement case studies for a taste of our recent activities and achievements.