Masters Information Week - Monday 7 June to Friday 11 June 2021
Our Masters Information Week is week-long series of 30 minute live online sessions covering the essentials of Masters study.
Each session will involve a short presentation from our Postgraduate Team, followed by the chance for you to ask any questions you may have. All sessions will feature a current Masters student to provide a student point of view and you can book as many as you like.
If you’re considering a Masters-level postgraduate course, or if you’ve already applied to study with us, these short sessions are designed to answer the questions that matter, including:
- How do I apply, and what makes a strong personal statement?
- Where do I get the money to fund my studies?
- What’s postgraduate study really like and how different is it from an undergraduate degree?
- Where can I live while I study?
- Can I study a subject that’s different from my undergraduate degree?
- Is there any career support available for postgraduates?
- What does a Masters student’s average day look like?
- What’s the difference between a Masters and a postgraduate diploma?
- Is there support for people who’ve taken a break from academia?
Sessions will be relaxed and informal and hosted via Zoom webinars and Instagram. You won’t need a webcam or microphone and you can type your questions to our experts and current students.
- A guide to Masters study – Zoom webinar
These sessions will cover the types of Masters and postgraduate taught courses we offer at Sussex. We’ll look at the differences between the various qualifications available, how they differ from undergraduate degrees, how they’re taught, and what an average day looks like.
- How to apply and personal statement tips – Zoom webinar
If you have any questions on the application process or how to write a personal statement these sessions will answer them. We’ll cover entry requirements, how to apply, references, personal statements, tuition fee deposits, and deadlines.
- Meet our current students – Instagram Live
Hear what Masters study is really like from the people who know best, our current students. Broadcast live on Instagram our students will discuss their real-life experiences and answer any questions you have about life as a Masters student.
- Sussex Scholarships and how to fund Masters study – Zoom webinar
At Sussex we offer a range or generous scholarships and awards that might be more accessible than you think. In these sessions we’ll cover our main scholarships and how to apply, as well as other funding routes such as the Masters Loan and the Alternative Guide to Funding.
- Our campus and living in Brighton – Zoom webinar
If you haven’t visited our campus before, this session will guide you through all that our campus has to offer. Situated in the South Downs National Park just outside of the city of Brighton & Hove we’ll talk about life on campus, the services we offer, and where to live as a Masters student.
- Conversion courses and career services – Zoom webinar
Masters study can provide an excellent opportunity to move into a new direction and a number of our courses allow entry for students who haven’t previously studied in that area. These sessions will cover these courses and how you can apply, as well as the career support we offer for all our postgraduate students.
- Life after a Masters: Meet our Alumni – Instagram live
Join previous Masters students on Instagram to hear their experiences of life after a Masters course. Find out what they’re doing now, how they found work after their studies, and what they wish they’d known before they started their Masters.
On-demand Masters subject and support content
As well as the live sessions taking place during our Masters Information Week we have a wide-range of pre-recorded on-demand content including subject videos and talks, scholarship and funding information, a virtual tour of campus, and student support talks available through our Masters Applicant Hub.
If you’d like to talk to current Masters students and support staff at a time that suits you, connect with us and ask your questions through our Unibuddy hub.
For general queries, email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions about your application, please contact Admissions on +44 (0)1273 877773 or email email@example.com
Here are other contact details which may be useful: