PhD Open Evenings
Our annual PhD Open Evening gives you a flavour of what PhD study at Sussex is all about. The PhD Open Evening for 2017 has taken place. The 2018 event will take place in November.
Register for Open Evening updates
Sign up to our email updates to find out when you can book a place on our next PhD Open Evening.
You can also book a place at one of our monthly Masters and PhD information sessions.
On the evening
Our PhD Open Evening is an excellent opportunity to discuss PhD study with our staff, meet current students and find out about funding, entry requirements and career prospects.
- discuss PhD study options with academic staff
- meet current students
- attend presentations on research at Sussex
- attend presentations on the PhD student journey
- find out about PhD funding
- listen to talks on the PhD application and selection process
- get advice on PhD career development and opportunities.
View our PhD Open Evening presentations
You can view our presentations from our last PhD Open Evening below:
- Arts and Humanities [PDF.8.98MB]
- Sciences [PDF.11.63MB]
- Social Sciences [PDF.17.16MB]
- How to write a research proposal for the Arts and Humanities