Find out how much fees are for the Summer School and when you need to pay.
- Undergraduate Summer School fees
The full cost of our 3-week Undergraduate Summer School will be £2,250.
This is made up of:
- Tuition – £1,500
- Accommodation and campus programme fee – £750
Tuition fees of £1,500 include:
- All teaching and assessment for one module of study. Where field trips or course excursions are required then the cost of this is included in the tuition fees, however travel costs may be required
- A minimum of 150 study hours, with a minimum of 40 hours class/teaching contact hours
- Modules formally approved for 15 Sussex credits, equivalent to 7.5 ECTS or 3 – 4 US credits
- A transcript of studies upon successful completion of the module (including meeting all attendance and assessment requirements).
Accommodation and campus programme fee
The accommodation and campus programme fee of £750 include:
- Your own bedroom in on-campus East Slope student village. These are a mixture of en-suite flats and standard flats with shared facilities
- Bedding pack of duvet and duvet cover, sheet, towel, pillow and pillowcase
- Weekly meal allowance from Monday – Friday
- Programme of free campus social events and activities throughout each session. Free excursions and social programme trips will be provided on Fridays and weekends.
Some of our modules have field trips included as part of the delivery. The cost of this is included in the tuition fees however, you may be asked to pay travel costs. See our module pages for further information.
Any additional costs specific to each module are detailed on the module relevant page and will be outlined in your offer letter.
Additional leisure or social, campus activities beyond the Programme events may incur an additional cost. These are optional and will be advertised nearer to the start of the Summer School.
Note: In the event of government restrictions preventing students from attending the Summer School due to Coronavirus (COVID-19), we will provide a full refund of any fees that have been paid.
When to pay
If you’re offered a place at our Summer School, you will be asked to pay the tuition fee as stated above. You are asked to pay this within four weeks of the offer to secure your place. Any remaining fees are paid at registration before 8 June 2020. Any remaining fees will include:
- Accommodation and campus programme fee
See our Refund Policy for more details on when you’re entitled to apply for a refund.
Applicants from partner universities or via intermediaries
If you are applying from a partner institution or via an agency, you may be asked to pay your fees or a portion of your fees to them instead of Sussex.
If you’re not sure who to pay your fees to check with the study abroad office at your home institution or contact the Summer Programmes team at email@example.com.
Note: If you are applying from one of our partner institutions, you will be entitled to a reduction in tuition fees. Please contact your study abroad office or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.