Finite Element Analysis (517H3)
15 credits, Level 7 (Masters)
- introduction to finite-element modelling methods and software
- preparation of the graphical interface
- setting up a model
- mesh generation
- stress analysis
- nodal analysis and dynamic modelling
- interfacing with other packages and the use of exchangeable formats
- checking a solution
- debugging and validation of the modelling process.
100%: Practical (Laboratory)
100%: Coursework (Report)
Contact hours and workload
This module is 150 hours of work. This breaks down into 30 hours of contact time and 120 hours of independent study.
This module is running in the academic year 2019/20. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses: