European Research Infrastructure for Science, Technology and Innovation Policy Studies
Find out about this Open Science project.
The European Research Infrastructure for Science, Technology and Innovation Policy Studies (RISIS2) is an Open Science project that has been designed to promote a research infrastructure to advance Science Technology and Innovation studies. With 18 partners, RISIS2 aims at building a data and services infrastructure to support the development of a new generation of analyses and indicators, and to transform the field of Science Technology and Innovation studies into an advanced research community.
It will do this by:
- developing an e-infrastructure that supports full virtual transnational access by researchers
- providing a vastly enlarged set of services tailored to field-specific needs (for problem-based integration of datasets, for exploring open data, and for supporting analytical capabilities of researchers)
- maintaining datasets dealing with firm innovation capacities, public research developments, research and innovation outputs and projects, and policy learning
- developing new datasets on four key issues for research and policy:
- social innovation
- non-technological innovation
- the role of Post-doctoral researchers in society
- portfolios of public funding instruments.
The current datasets cover five critical dimensions: European Research Area dynamics, firm innovation dynamics, public sector research, research careers and a repository on research and innovation policy evaluations.
The main role of Dr Roberto Camerani, SPRU, is to work on firm-level datasets and to develop a firm register uniquely identifying, integrating and tracking over time the most innovative and high-performing businesses across Europe.
This project, funded by the European Union under Horizon2020 Research and Innovation Program, builds on RISIS1 (2014-18), which opened access to a first set of databases and services.
Find out more
Visit the RISIS2 website (https://www.risis2.eu) for more information including datasets and platforms.