French For Professional Purposes 3A (R1139)
15 credits, Level 6
Gain the language skills for your professional career.
In this module you:
- learn specialised vocabulary and complex language structures
- develop your knowledge of, and analyse, the language's social, political and cultural background, by looking at a range of media
- effectively communicate in French in both formal and informal contexts
- take part in translation and interpretation activities including presentations and discussions
- practise oral and written skills for a variety of professional purposes, including reports, meetings, and speeches.
You will take part in a variety of activities to help develop your practical skills in speaking, listening, reading and writing.
100%: Seminar (Class, Seminar)
100%: Coursework (Oral examination, Report)
Contact hours and workload
This module is approximately 150 hours of work. This breaks down into about 33 hours of contact time and about 117 hours of independent study. The University may make minor variations to the contact hours for operational reasons, including timetabling requirements.
We regularly review our modules to incorporate student feedback, staff expertise, as well as the latest research and teaching methodology. We’re planning to run these modules in the academic year 2023/24. However, there may be changes to these modules in response to COVID-19, staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of material changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses: