People, Purpose and Performance (N1590)
15 credits, Level 5
You study how a strong workforce with relevant experience, skills and capabilities enables companies to remain competitive in industry, and examine why some companies are filling positions with people who do not have the right skills for the job.
You address these issues by focusing on what organisations can do to make better use of human capital resources.
You examine key questions, including how to:
- motivate employees to reach their full potential
- develop employees’ capabilities
- attract highly capable employees
- retain highly capable employees
- align individual employees with organisation strategies.
67%: Practical (Workshop)
30%: Coursework (Group presentation)
70%: Examination (Take away paper)
Contact hours and workload
This module is approximately 150 hours of work. This breaks down into about 33 hours of contact time and about 117 hours of independent study. The University may make minor variations to the contact hours for operational reasons, including timetabling requirements.
We regularly review our modules to incorporate student feedback, staff expertise, as well as the latest research and teaching methodology. We’re planning to run these modules in the academic year 2023/24. However, there may be changes to these modules in response to COVID-19, staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of material changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses:
- Business and Management Studies (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Business and Management Studies BSc
- Marketing and Management (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Marketing and Management BSc
- Marketing and Management with Psychology (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Marketing and Management with Psychology BSc