Web 3D Applications (H7006)
15 credits, Level 6
You'll explore how 3D can be integrated into mobile web-based applications and study technologies such as:
- 3D modelling methods for real-time rendering and associated authoring packages (for example, 3ds Max)
- implementation of efficient navigation and interaction methods
- responsive web design applied to the implementation of mobile web-based 3D applications.
- build a web mobile 3D application (an interactive 3D application that renders across desktop, tablet and mobile devices based on an MVC design pattern).
Example web mobile 3D applications may include a virtual museum, product configurator, vehicle visualisation, burglary simulation or simple web game.
100%: Practical (Laboratory)
100%: Coursework (Project)
Contact hours and workload
This module is approximately 150 hours of work. This breaks down into about 33 hours of contact time and about 117 hours of independent study. The University may make minor variations to the contact hours for operational reasons, including timetabling requirements.
We regularly review our modules to incorporate student feedback, staff expertise, as well as the latest research and teaching methodology. We’re planning to run these modules in the academic year 2023/24. However, there may be changes to these modules in response to COVID-19, staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of material changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses:
- Computer Science (with an industrial placement year) BSc
- Computer Science (with an industrial placement year) MComp
- Computer Science BSc
- Computer Science MComp
- Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence (with an industrial placement year) BSc
- Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence BSc
- Computing for Business and Management (with an industrial placement year) BSc
- Computing for Business and Management BSc
- Computing for Digital Media and Games (with an industrial placement year) BSc
- Computing for Digital Media and Games BSc
- Finance and Technology (FinTech) (with a professional placement year) BSc
- Finance and Technology (FinTech) BSc