Final Year Performance Project (Q3109)
30 credits, Level 6
In this module, you will take part in the development of an original full-scale production.
You select a literary text to base the production on and then:
- analyse the chosen texts or materials
- undertake research into issues relating to the production
- investigate performance materials
- locate appropriate performance modes and compositional strategies for the work
- acquire necessary design, stagecraft and technical skills to help realize aesthetic goals
- perform in the final production in front of an audience.
Throughout the module, you are expected to document and analyse your own and the group's processes and feed this back into the process of developing the performance.
73%: Practical (Workshop)
100%: Coursework (Practical assessment, Report)
Contact hours and workload
This module is approximately 300 hours of work. This breaks down into about 118 hours of contact time and about 182 hours of independent study. The University may make minor variations to the contact hours for operational reasons, including timetabling requirements.
We regularly review our modules to incorporate student feedback, staff expertise, as well as the latest research and teaching methodology. We’re planning to run these modules in the academic year 2022/23. However, there may be changes to these modules in response to COVID-19, staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of material changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses: