Getting a graduate job
We offer a range of careers support to help you secure a graduate job. We host networking events where you can meet potential employers, help you prepare for interviews and work on your CV, and you have access to our online jobs database.
CV workshops and interview preparation
You can get support from our Careers Consultants including:
- CV workshops to help you show off your skills and stand out from the crowd
- interview preparation to build your confidence
- information and advice on different application processes such as application forms and psychometric testing.
Jobs database access
All Sussex students have exclusive access to our jobs database. It features hundreds of graduate jobs each year.
You can search by type of work, industry, and location – meaning it’s easy to find the right kind of job for you.
Networking and recruitment events
You can meet potential employers and make contacts in your industry through our career events.
This includes talks from employers and former Sussex students, and recruitment events where you meet organisations who are looking to employ Sussex graduates.
We also host an annual Careers Fair with the University of Brighton, which attracts hundreds of employers looking to fill graduate-level vacancies.
The next fair takes place in November.
The best thing about the Careers Fair was the information I found out by talking directly to the companies.”Careers Fair attendee
Start up support
If you want to start your own business, you can access support through our Entrepreneurship team. You can benefit from:
- our Ideas Lab programme will guide you through idea generation, validating your idea, developing a value proposition, finances, marketing and delivering an elevator pitch
- the Startup Sussex entrepreneurship competition gives you the chance to win up to £10,000 to fund your business or social enterprise idea and access high-quality support
- the Catalyst scheme from Sussex Innovation, where placement students and recent graduates are offered support and mentoring, and hired for short-term projects
- regular workshops and events featuring expert speakers and alumni founders, one-to-one appointments with the Entrepreneurship team to discus your ideas and options.