Spanish Advanced A (R4031)
15 credits, Level 5
You can study this module if you havw completed both intermediate A and B modules.
- understand the main ideas within extended discourse and communicate effectively in Spanish, with increasing fluency, confidence and spontaneity, in different contexts
- practise your understanding and communication using your advanced listening, reading, speaking and writing skills in Spanish
- consolidate and develop the range of complex Spanish language structures, syntax, and specialised vocabulary to allow further accuracy and control in use of Spanish
- analyse aspects of the general social and cultural background of the language through activities and materials in a range of media
You'll develop your:
- practical skills in all four communicative competencies and use Spanish independently
- knowledge and understanding of Spanish-speaking countries, society, and community through texts and audio-visual materials.
Successful completion of the module is equivalent to level B1-B2 (Independent User) of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) for Languages.
Teaching and assessment
We’re currently reviewing teaching and assessment of our modules in light of the COVID-19 situation. We’ll publish the latest information as soon as possible.
Contact hours and workload
This module is approximately 150 hours of work. This breaks down into about 34 hours of contact time and about 116 hours of independent study. The University may make minor variations to the contact hours for operational reasons, including timetabling requirements.
This module is running in the academic year 2021/22. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. However, we are constantly looking to improve and enhance our courses. There may be changes to modules in response to student demand or feedback, changes to staff expertise or updates to our curriculum. We may also need to make changes in response to COVID-19. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of material changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses: