Video Production Techniques (G5123)
15 credits, Level 5
This module will cover topics covering:
- The tools and techniques used in broadcast and video production
- Camera basics and techniques, sound recording, lighting for studio and non-studio work
- Pre-production methods (resource management, team organisation and visual continuity)
- Post-production including (non-linear video editing and audio post)
- One individual video project
- One group video project
Teaching and assessment
We’re currently reviewing teaching and assessment of our modules in light of the COVID-19 situation. We’ll publish the latest information as soon as possible.
Contact hours and workload
This module is approximately 150 hours of work. This breaks down into about 45 hours of contact time and about 105 hours of independent study. The University may make minor variations to the contact hours for operational reasons, including timetabling requirements.
This module is running in the academic year 2021/22. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. However, we are constantly looking to improve and enhance our courses. There may be changes to modules in response to student demand or feedback, changes to staff expertise or updates to our curriculum. We may also need to make changes in response to COVID-19. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of material changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses: