Video Production Techniques (G5123)
15 credits, Level 5
This module will cover topics covering:
- The tools and techniques used in broadcast and video production
- Camera basics and techniques, sound recording, lighting for studio and non-studio work
- Pre-production methods (resource management, team organisation and visual continuity)
- Post-production including (non-linear video editing and audio post)
- One individual video project
- One group video project
76%: Practical (Laboratory)
100%: Coursework (Group submission (written), Project)
Contact hours and workload
This module is approximately 150 hours of work. This breaks down into about 45 hours of contact time and about 105 hours of independent study. The University may make minor variations to the contact hours for operational reasons, including timetabling requirements.
This module is running in the academic year 2020/21. We also plan to offer it in future academic years. It may become unavailable due to staff availability, student demand or updates to our curriculum. We’ll make sure to let our applicants know of such changes to modules at the earliest opportunity.
This module is offered on the following courses: