Human Resources

MyView Paid and Unpaid Leave

Please note that paid leave does not currently include research leave for academic teaching faculty.  Please continue with the current process for this leave.

MyView can be used to request short term paid and unpaid leave, we would advise you to discuss this with your line manager first and also to read our policies if you are unsure if the leave you are requesting should be paid.

Paid Leave

Can we use the Paid Leave option to record leave carried forward from 21/22?

Yes, you and your manager will need to have a record of how much leave you are carrying over as there will not be a record of entitlement on MyView.

You can click on 'Request' on your MyView dashboard and then click on Book New Leave, choose Paid Leave and insert a comment for your manager such as 'using up my remaining leave from 21/22', your manager can then approve this leave and it will show in your team calendar.  

Once your 21/22 leave has been used, you can then book holiday via MyView.

At the end of the leave year 22/23, MyView will automatically carry over any outstanding leave of up to 5 days pro rata to the next leave year. 

Requesting time off for a medical appointment

From your dashboard, click on the dropdown and choose 'book new leave', then choose 'paid leave'.

You can use the comments box if required, then choose the date and time of the appointment and choose 'medical appointment' from the dropdown.

This request will go to your manager and they can then approve.

A screenshot of the MyView "book new leave - paid leave" screen, with a circled dropdown menu specifying the leave to be a paid medical appointment

Requesting flexi leave or lieu (TOIL) days

These days can be recorded in MyView using the reason 'other paid leave' and remarking in the comments box that this is flexi leave. We would suggest that this is used for half or full days flexi and not for one or two hours.  MyView does not record an entitlement for this leave so it will need to be monitored using your current flexi system/spreadsheet.

 Unpaid Leave

Requesting general unpaid leave

Unpaid leave can be requested via MyView and the approval will go to your line manager and then directly to the Payroll department.

If you are requesting unpaid leave for more than two weeks we may need to contact you and your manager to establish who will be paying your pension contributions during this time.  If you receive a request for this information please ensure it is returned immediately so that a letter can be written to you to confirm the details. 

Requesting compassionate, dependents and parental leave

Before requesting unpaid leave for these reasons please ensure you have read and discussed the policies with your line manager.

Volunteer Leave

How do I find out more about volunteer leave?

Please see the Staff Volunteering Policy and procedure for more information, this can also be found on the Sustainability policies website.

Requesting Volunteer Leave

Volunteer Leave is requested in days as per the policy, screenshots will follow of how to request this leave