We have a housing guarantee in place for specific groups of students. Our housing guarantee is outlined in detail below.
You are guaranteed a place in University-managed housing if you apply for accommodation by 1 August 2017 (if your course starts in September 2017) or 30 June 2018 (if your course starts in September 2018) and you are either:
- a full-time, first-year undergraduate student applying through UCAS for September 2017 or September 2018 and you firmly accept our offer
- a full-time Masters student from outside the European Union and you pay a £300 pre-payment by 1 August 2017 (if your course starts in September 2017)
- a full-time, first-year PhD student studying for a full academic year and you pay a £300 pre-payment by 1 August 2017 (if your course starts in September 2017).
If you apply for housing after the deadline, we consider your application as an expression of interest.
We will do our best to house you, and if we cannot offer you University-managed housing, we'll help you look for private accommodation in the local area.
You can't apply for University-managed housing after your first year (unless you applied via the Housing and Health process and have agreed adjustments in place to help with your health or accessibility needs.)
If you have an insurance or clearing offer from Sussex
You are not guaranteed University-managed housing if you are:
- a student with an insurance offer. You should still apply for housing before the relevant deadline so that we can advise you about your accommodation options
- a student holding a clearing offer. You can make an online expression of interest in accommodation so that we can advise you about your accommodation options.
To help you rent a room, flat or house in Brighton & Hove and the local area, we can also give you advice and check your tenancy agreement.
You can also search for accommodation through Sussex Studentpad.