Housing Services


If you wish to book a short-stay room during the academic year please register your details at Sussex Studentpad where you can search a variety of Homestay/Lodgings rooms available with landlords in their private homes and you can contact the Landlord directly to ask questions and arrange your tenancy. Some also offer full-board or half-board options, though most will offer shared self-catering kitchen facilities. Some are flexible about long-stay too and a few students decide to spend the whole year in their Homestay/Lodgings room if they are happy there and the Landlord is able to oblige.

All Landlords on Sussex Studentpad have agreed to abide by UUK standards of accommodation. However if you should have a problem with either the accommodation or the landlord, please contact the Housing Office housing@sussex.ac.uk and we will be happy to intervene and visit the property or speak to your landlord. This type of accommodation requires only one-week's notice to terminate contract, can be economical for those on a budget and some students like to live with a family if they wish to improve their English or live in a home or family environment. 

If you are considering Homestay/Lodgings because you are on a waiting list for a university-managed room, you will generally be offered a university-managed room within weeks of the first semester starting as the waiting list usually moves quite quickly.

(*For summer accommodation bookings, please click on Summer Room Bookings page for details*)

Student Cafe