The following are the main documents and policies used within Residential Services:
1. Tenancy Terms and Conditions, 21KB, Word - these are the terms and conditions of you tenancy agreement and notes the conditions that both the University and the student have to abide by. Your tenancy agreement is a legal document and notes how the University lets to the Tenant the Room together with its contents for the Tenancy Period subject to a number of conditions, which include actions that (i) The Tenant agrees, (ii) The University agrees, (iii) and Other conditions (iv) and termination of tenancy. Help and support about your tenancy agreement is available in our FAQ.
2. 2013/14 Housing Guide, At home with us, 3MB, pdf. The Housing Guide provides key information to enable you to make an informed preference about the accommodation you would like. The guide is sent out from March / April onwards to all applicants with an offer of place at Sussex for the following September from the University's Admissions Teams.
4. Snow and Ice Policy, 10KB, Word - this document outlines our policy in case of snow and ice.
5. University Regulations - when you sign your tenancy agreement you are agreeing to abide by these.
6. Residents under 18 years of age, 30KB, Word - our policy and areas of support for residents aged under 18.
Charges - the latest information is published in your residence handbook, available in your room and published in each residence page.
7. Complaints Procedure, 10KB, Word - lets you know who to complain to if there is a problem.
8. Rent Rebate and Compensation Policy, 10KB, Word - explains in what circumstances the University will offer compensation if you suffer a loss of service or amenity in the residences.
9. Our policy and process for those applying for a University managed bed-space on health grounds after one year in our residences is published here.
10. Bank/payment details for the postgraduate prepayment. (word doc 50KB)
Please contact the Housing Office for any further advice.