- RGB converter (matlab file): Can be used to convert colour representations in RGB space to colour representations in CIELUV space.
For detailed information see: Rothen, N., Seth, A. K., Witzel, C., & Ward, J. (2013). Diagnosing synaesthesia with online colour pickers: Maximising sensitivity and specificity. Journal of Neuroscience Methods, 215(1), 156–160.
- Coloured Letters and Numbers (English version and German version): final 16 item version of questionnaire including scoring information
For detailed information see: Rothen, N., Tsakanikos, E., Meier, B., & Ward, J. (2013). Coloured Letters and Numbers (CLaN): A reliable factor-analysis based synaesthesia questionnaire. Consciousness and Cognition, 22(3), 1047–1060.
- Diagnosing sequence-space synaesthesia (SSS): online program using Inquisit and Matlab script for analysis
For detailed information see: Rothen, N., Junemann, K., Mealor, A.D., Burckhardt, V., & Ward, J. (2016). The sensitivity and specificity of a diagnostic test of sequence-space synesthesia. Behavioral Research Methods.
Lectures and talks by Sussex researchers about synaesthesia:
- Tasty coloured sounds: The experiences of synaesthetes by Prof. Julia Simner
Interviews with Sussex researchers about synaesthesia:
- What is synaesthesia?
- What does it feel like to be a synaesthete?
- Types of synaesthesia
- Testing for synaesthesia
- How consistent are synaesthetic associations across synesthetes?
- Can synaesthesia be acquired?
Animated Documentary about Synaesthesia produced by Samantha Moore and featuring Sussex researchers
E-mail Discussion List
Sean Day, president of the American Synaesthesia Association, organises an e-mail discussion list for synaesthetes themselves and for those with an interest in the topic. To join the list you should contact him directly (email@example.com).