Student Life Centre

Change of Circumstances

Your personal or household circumstances may change during your academic year and Student Finance need to be made aware of any changes. As the Postgraduate Loan is non-means tested, changes in your financial circumstances will not affect your entitlement, however you may need to update your details, withdraw from your course or apply for additional funds throughout the year.

It is quickest to update your details online.

However if you are unable to make changes online, you can find Change of Circumstances' forms below:

Student Finance's Change of Circumstances form for 2016-2017 can be found here.

Student Finance's Change of Circumstances form for 2017-2018 can be found here.


You cannot apply for additional funding online.


If you originally applied for less then £10,280 in 17/18 (£10,000 in 16/17), and you need additional funding, you can apply for more up to 9 months after the beginning of your course. This cannot be done online, you will need to download and complete the Loan Request Form which needs to be submitted to Student Finance.

Loan Request Form for 2016-2017

Loan Request Form for 2017-2018