Department of Social Work and Social Care

Student support and services

Whilst on the course, in addition to the support offered by the areas listed below you will be allocated an Academic Advisor each year. The Social Work BA course team are also available to you for support, including the Course Leader, Module Convenors and Course Coordinators.

Ensuring that Sussex is a supportive environment for you, providing help, information and resources to enhance your transition to and through University. Although we do not have a role in influencing university policy and decision-making, we can help you understand how the University works, how to overcome challenges and manage difficulties. As a proactive service, we may contact you directly to offer you particular support. For example, in response to concern from your School about your attendance, participation or engagement.

A team of specialist disability advisors and administrators who can provide confidential information and advice to current and future students on disability-related study support and accessing disability-related funding.
01273 678220

Visit us on campus: Housing Services
Bramber House, 
Level 2, North Side 
University of Sussex 
BN1 9QU 

Responsible for identifying opportunities, developing and implementing the University's strategy for international cooperation and student recruitment.

When you commence your studies at the University of Sussex you automatically become a member of the Sussex Students' Union, a community of over 18,000 students. Independent from the University, we are undergraduates, postgraduates, mature students, parents, international students, elected Students' Union officers, volunteers and staff. We're sports team members, Student Reps, campaigners, society committee members, event attendees, shoppers and bargain hunters. We're all of our 18,000 members.

The Health Centre
University of Sussex, Falmer, Brighton, BN1 9RW
T: 01273 249049