News and events
- Tensegrity: a potential concurrent computing element - A sound installation by Joe Watson (Sussex Humanities Lab Creative Practice Session)
28 June 2016, open 11am - 6pm, presentation at 4pm, Sussex Humanities Lab, Silverstone Building
- Members of the SHL will be participating in the International Conference on Live Interfaces at the University of Sussex from June 29 to July 3. Day tickets are available.
- Watch Melodee Beal's keynote for our This&THAT Camp 'A Series of Small Things: The Case Study in the Age of Big Data.'
- SHL masterclass with Duncan Campbell and William Binney 'Snooper's Charter: Mass Surveillance, GCHQ and You' is now available to watch on our YouTube channel. Subscribe to the SHL YouTube channel.
- Details of the Sussex Humanities Lab Visiting Fellows scheme (2015-2019) are now available.
The Sussex Humanities Lab is dedicated to developing and expanding research into how digital technologies are shaping our culture and society, as well as the way we go about our research. The lab draws on expertise from diverse fields including philosophy and information technology, history and archaeology, media and communications, music and performance technology, and sociology, to ask questions which have always been at the heart of the humanities.