- Storage Area Network. A high-speed subnetwork of shared storage devices - machines which contain nothing but a disk or disks for storing data.
- An online document with the extension shtml (as opposed to html) indicates that that the page contains a Server Side Include - namely that information will be dynamically added by the server before the page is sent to the browser (for example, a common page header or navigation bar).
- the old web interface to your Sussex email account. Now replaced by Roundcube. September 09
» Further information about Silkymail
- Sussex project providing personalised information about the skills a student has gained through a degree programme, and can be used as a resource in the development of the student's Sussex Plus webfolio.
- Skype is a free Internet telephony product that uses peer-to-peer (P2P) networking protocols. It effectively allows users to make free internet-based phone calls between one Skype user and another.
You can use Skype on the University network and on the Roaming (ResNet, Wireless and Wired) network only if it is installed with settings so that it does not start automatically or use the university network as a supernode. For instructions, see the ITS FAQ 1234
» Further information about Skype
- Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology - system used for hard drive monitoring and analysis to identify any errors and prevent crashing.
- Simple Mail Transfer Protocol: the commonest method used for the transfer of email messages across the internet
- A set of recorded instructions that tell a computers's hardware what to do and facilitate human interaction with the computer.
- source code
- Spam is a term for any unsolicited or unrequested 'junk' email.
129 definitions in database - page 10 of 13.
«prev | 1 |
Updated on 22 August 2010