- Office (Microsoft)
- Microsoft Office is a collection of interconnected administrative and presentational programs available for both Windows and Mac OS. Office typically consists of Word, Excel and Powerpoint, with other programs such as Access and Publisher included depending upon the version.
- Online Help Desk. An online database of frequently asked questions.
Peer. Describes programs that allow files on one computer to be shared with other internet users without the assistance of a central server
- Printing Account Banking Station - machine used to add money to your IT Services printing account.
You can also pay online using a credit/debit card via Sussex Direct.
» Further information about PABS
- passive FTP
- A more secure form of data transfer in which the flow of data is set up and initiated by the File Transfer Protocol (FTP) client rather than by the FTP server program.
- A series of characters known only to one user enabling them to access their account on a computer system. A password can also be used to restrict access to a file.
- Personal Computer (IBM compatible).
- a thousand terabytes
- PHP Hypertext Preprocessor - a server-side scripting language used to write web pages that are dynamic and interactive. Note that the acronym itself appears in the expanded version. This is known as a Recursive Acronym - a programmers' joke.
- acronym for either Post Office Protocol (protocol used to send and receive email not supported at Sussex) or Point Of Presence (location of an ISP's access point to the Internet)
129 definitions in database - page 8 of 13.
«prev | 1 |
Updated on 22 August 2010