- a thousand kilobytes
- memory stick
- A removable device for storing and transferring files. With capacities from 16 to 1024MB, these drives are small and portable, and can be attached directly to the USB port of a computer. Also known as Flash drives or USB drives
» Further information about memory stick
- Multipurpose Internet Mail Extension, a standard system for identifying the type of data contained in a file based on its extension. MIME is an Internet protocol allowing binary files to be sent as email attachments.
- Acronym for the Managed Learning Environment. A web based tool providing online access to the information that you will need to study at the University. The Sussex MLE is called Sussex Direct.
- Modulator/Demodulator - a device used (commonly in narrowband dial-up internet connections) to convert digital data from a computer into an analogue signal for delivery over a telephone line, and to convert analogue signals received from the telephone line back into digital data for use by the computer.
- equipment that displays computer output electronically on a screen
- abbreviation for MicroSoft
- abbreviation for Media Services Unit - former name of ITS Media Services
- Fully featured email "client" (program) recommended by IT Services.
- stands for Network drive - at Sussex this is 100 Mb of permanent disk space where users of IT Services PCs can store work
129 definitions in database - page 7 of 13.
«prev | 1 |
Updated on 22 August 2010