- United Kingdom Education and Research Networking Association, former name of JANET(UK)
- Uninterruptible Power Supply: a backup power unit that provides continuous power when the normal power supply is interrupted.
- Uniform Resource Locator; the unique global address of documents and other resources on the World Wide Web.
- Acronym for University of Sussex Computing Service, former name of IT Services
Acronym for Voice And Data Network Upgrade Project.
- Video Graphics Array - a standard computer graphics display mode meaasuring 640 × 480 pixels with 16 or 256 colours. Now largely obsolete.
- A computer virus is a program that is intended to be installed onto a computer without the owners knowledge and runs secretly, often damaging files and information. Most viruses can reproduce and spread to other computers, often via email.
» Further information about virus
- virus checker
- Software the purpose of which is to protect computers from computer viruses
» Further information about virus checker
- Virtual Local Area Network. A group of PCs, servers and other network resources that are not necessarily on the same segment but communicate as though they were on the same wire.
- Acronym for Virtual Learning Environment. Part of the MLE. A online tool to assist in learning.
129 definitions in database - page 12 of 13.
«prev | 1 |
Updated on 22 August 2010