The costs of a postgraduate education may seem daunting, yet the advantages include not only a great sense of personal satisfaction following the completion of an intellectual challenge but also the possibility of improved career prospects through the development of higher-level skills sought after by employers.
- at Sussex, we are committed to providing a high-quality postgraduate education, and our thriving academic culture, extensive professional support and outstanding learning resources will help you get the most out of your time at Sussex and assure you a bright future
- postgraduate students are highly employable and, on average, they earn more than individuals whose highest qualification is an undergraduate degree
- Sussex offers a range of awards and studentships for both taught and research students. To find out if you are eligible for University funding, visit our our online funding guide.
Postgraduates are highly employable and:
- enjoy better employment prospects than undergraduates
- those with a Masters degree earn, on average, 15 per cent more over a lifetime than those with an undergraduate qualification alone
- those with a research degree earn, on average, 23 per cent more over a lifetime than those with an undergraduate qualification alone.
(Professor Adrian Smith et al One Step Beyond: Making the Most of Postgraduate Education, March 2010)