Thank you for choosing to apply to the University of Sussex for your postgraduate course. To be considered for postgraduate study you must register to submit an application online. If you have already registered you can log in to your account.
Most applications for postgraduate study are made directly to the University, using our online application service.
The main exceptions to this are:
- Graduate Diploma in Law (GDL)/Common Professional Examination (CPE): applications are made via the Law Central Applications Board
- MA in Social Work: applications are made via UCAS
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA) (part time): you complete and return a form to the School of Business, Management and Economics
- All courses listed in the medicine and health studies subject area: applications are made via the University of Brighton
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) and School Direct: applications are submitted via the UCAS Teacher Training (UTT) website.
- Corruption, Law and Governance LLM (delivered in Qatar): applications are made by an online form.
For all other postgraduate degrees, applications are submitted directly to Sussex.
To be considered for postgraduate study you must submit all of the required information and supporting documents. You will need:
- a personal statement (for taught course applications i.e Masters)
- a research proposal (for research applications i.e Phd)
- transcripts (your final transcript if it is available or transcript of your grades so far)
- degree certificates
- at least one academic reference if you are applying for a taught course or at least two academic references for research applications. Or you can provide contact details for your referees and we will email them. If you previously studied or are currently studying in the UK we will need a reference from your most recent university.
Frequently asked questions
What if I do not receive an activation email?
Once you have completed the sign up form, an activation email will be sent to you. The email contains a URL that must be followed in order to activate your online account.
If you do not receive an email, it may have been filtered out by your junk mail filter, so check your junk mail settings.
Make sure the whole URL is copied and pasted into your browser in order to activate the account successfully. Once the account has been activated, you can log in using the email address and password chosen when you registered.
How can I get help with submitting an application?
Contact us on:
Telephone: +44(0) 1273 877773
If you are an international applicant, one of our overseas representatives can advise you. Their contact details can be found from the link on the right.
How do I log in to my existing application?
You can log in to your existing application using the email address and password that you registered with.
If you forget your password or want to reset it, use the 'forgot your password' link.
I have applied before, can I use my existing account?
If you have applied in a previous academic cycle, you will need to register for a new account to apply again.