Type of award
£10,000 towards fees with any remaining funds to be used to support maintenance.
In order to be considered for the SPRU 50th Anniversary Scholarship you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Achieved or expect to achieve a 1st class honours degree (or equivalent if from an overseas institution). However 2:1s or equivalent international classification with excellent supporting statements are also eligible
- Have applied for and been offered a place to study full time on one of SPRU's five MSc programmes:
- Energy Policy Msc
- Project Management Msc
- Science and Technology Policy Msc
- Strategic Innovation Management Msc
- Sustainable Development Msc
- You must apply for an eligible Masters course and receive and accept an offer
- You must meet all the University's general entrance requirements
- Scholarship value is £10k which is used to offset the cost of fees or to support maintenance. Any remaining funds after the offset of fees are paid as a stipend to support maintenance.
The holder of the SPRU 50th Anniversary Scholarship will not be eligible for any other University of Sussex scholarship including the Sussex Graduate Scholarship.
Applications will be ranked and assessed on the following criteria:
- Past academic achievement
- Post study aims and goals which will be assessed via the supporting statement.
How to complete the form
- Please use a current email address as correspondence will be via email
- Please save a copy of your completed application form for yourself before sending it to:
SPRU 50th Anniversary Scholarship
BMEC School Office
University of Sussex
Jubilee Building G08
Falmer, East Sussex
1 July 2017 - deadline for applications to be received (23:59 BST).
1 August 2017 - successful applicants notified of the outcome of their application by email from the Development and Alumni Relations Office (DARO).
October 2017 - the fee waiver will be applied with any remaining funds awarded as maintenance.
UK, Europe (Non-UK), International (Non-UK/EU)
1 July 2017