Mr Sam Freed
|Post:||Associate Research Fellow (Informatics)|
|Location:||CHICHESTER 1 CI168|
|download vCarddownload vCard to your mobile|
Worked in computer thechnology since age 15, in Israel, Ireland, the UK, Japan and Gulf Emirates. Career highlights include:
- Setting up the first Email connections between Israel's academic institutions and CSnet, the overseas relay of the ARPAnet.
- Founding and leading the first Irish software development team working for a major multinational. The work involved porting Lotus 1-2-3 to various UNIX-based platforms.
- Leading the "all projects not fitting elsewhere" team in CheckPoint, the leading firewall vendor. This included handling relations with IBM, HP and European governments, coordinating the engineering and business sides of the company, managing the performance test lab, and other projects.
Graduate Teaching Assistant, PhD Candidate
BA in Philosophy & Comparative Religion - Hebrew University, Jerusalem
MA in Cognitive Science - Hebrew University, Jerusalem
- Wikipedia editor, substantially wrote the articles about:
Hubert Dreyfus's views on artificial intelligence
- Autonomous Car
- Motion Planning
- Human-Rights activities in Israel and the West Bank
- Real Estate projects in Ireland, Israel and central Europe
- Self-help groups