Human Resources

Payroll and Pensions


Monthly paid staff are paid by bank credit transfer in arrears, on the last working day of the month. Payments through the Casual payroll are also made on the last working day of the month.

This page contains information regarding payment for regular employees of the University and associated organisations, and about ad hoc payments to casual staff including those paid through the Tutorial Fund and the Student Employment Office.

Please ensure that any payment for work is paid through the payroll. Staff cannot claim for reimbursement of employment costs made to third parties through their expense claims. If in doubt, please contact the Payroll Office before making any payments.

To ensure prompt payment, particularly on the Casual payroll, please ensure claims are made using the correct forms and that the forms are fully completed (e.g. Person Number/Payroll Number which can be found on a previous payslip).

If you require further information, please speak to the payroll contact for your area of the University.


Find out more about pensions at the University.