Professional Services aims to provide the best possible support in delivering the University of Sussex's strategy across its mission for teaching, research and enterprise. We provide support to Schools and departments, and services directly to students; alumni and staff; to other clients of the University, including the local and regional community; and to our range of partners, friends and supporters.
Professional Services quick links
- Academic Registry website
- Academic Registrar's Office
- Admissions (language requirements, offers, feedback)
- ADQE (curriculum, academic standards, partnerships)
- SSRO (room bookings, timetabling, student progress and data)
- Research Student Administration Office (admissions, progress and assessment, exams)
- Technology Enhanced Learning office (commonly used software and tools)
- (The Co-operative) Childcare (3 months to 5 years)
Communications and External Affairs
Development and Alumni relations
- Sussex Alumni Network (home and overseas networks, donations)
- Corporate accounting services (taxation, insurance, TRAC/FEC)
- Fees and income (student accounts, debt recovery)
- Payments management (invoicing, staff expenses)
- Procurement (sourcing suppliers, buying and ordering advice)
- Professional Services finance (budgeting and forecasting support)
- Research finance (awards and contracts)
- Schools finance (budgeting and forecasting support)
Health, Safety and Wellbeing
- Personnel (terms and conditions, salary scales)
- Payroll and pensions
- Staff Development (learning and development at work)
- Staff welfare
- Equalities (legislation, advice and guidance for staff and students)
Planning, Governance and Compliance
- Planning, Governance and Compliance (University governance, policies, committees, planning)
Research and Knowledge Exchange
- Managing awards
- Working with business
- Policy and strategy
- Support staff
- Intellectual property
Residential, Sport and Trading
- Campus trading (shops and banks open times)
- Housing (on campus, off-campus, support, policies)
- Sport (exercise classes, facilities, bursaries, intra-mural)
Student Recruitment and Marketing
- Undergraduate (events, schools and colleges liaison)
- Postgraduate (events, advertising and promotion)
- International (representatives, partnerships)
- Marketing (market research and analysis, campaigns)
- Digital and Creative Media: Publications and Branding, Web Team
- Campus and Residential Support
- Careers (jobs, careers, study skills)
- Chaplaincy and Meeting House (faith and spiritual societies on campus and in the area)
- University Counselling Service
- International student support (visas, welfare)
- Student Life Centre (personal, academic, money advice)
- Student Support Unit (disability, mental health and learning support)
- Sussex Regional Access Centre (needs assessment and training for learning support software)
- Widening Participation (First-Generation Scholars programme, Fair Access)
Sussex Estates and Facilities
- Health, Safety and Wellbeing
- Print Unit
- Waste and recycling
Professional services departments
We provide support to Schools and departments, and services directly to:
- students, alumni and staff
- other clients of the University, including the local and regional community
- our range of partners, friends and supporters.
- Academic Registry
We provide support services to students and to staff in Schools and Departments at Sussex.
The department manages the University's links with external bodies such as: UCAS, Local Education Authorities, Student Loan Company, Higher Education Statistics Agency and Training and Development Agency, the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) and professional and statutory bodies (PSBs).
Key services include:
- admissions for undergraduate, taught postgraduate and research postgraduate, for home/EU and international students
- academic appeals and student complaints
- student registration exam timetabling and e-assessment
- management of University Teaching and Learning Committee
- business management of University quality assurance processes.
- student progress and assessment
- central support and coordination for academic programme development
- external partnerships
- academic policy and procedures, including assessment regulations
- timetabling of teaching and managing room bookings
- maintaining student records (current and past) and management of registration
- production of student transcripts and degree certificates
- management information
- support for teaching and learning for staff and students
- technology enhanced learning
- UKVI compliance.
Admissions Office, Academic Development and Quality Enhancement Office, Student Systems and Records Office, Research Student Administration Office and Technology Enhanced Learning Office. The Academic Registrar's Office can be found at Bramber House Level 1.
Director: Sharon Jones
(01273) 872667 or (01273) 877091
Key service: nursery on campus for children aged from 3 months to 5 years run by the Co-operative Childcare.
Karen Parker, Nursery Manager
- Communications and External Affairs
The Communications and External Affairs division manages and enhances the University of Sussex’s reputation as a world-leading research and academic institution.
- ensuring the University’s vision, strategic aims and developments are understood by stakeholders from students and staff to business, media, government, the local community and wider public
- promoting the achievements of academics, researchers, students and professional staff
- working with colleagues to increase the awareness of Sussex’s outstanding student experience and the many exciting and innovative University initiatives.
The division incorporates media relations, internal communications, public affairs and campaigns.
If you're a journalist or press officer, contact:
Jacqui Bealing (Senior Media Relations Manager)
James Hakner (Media Relations Manager)
Campaigns and public affairs
Michelle Gordon, Interim Director of Communications (Communications and External Affairs)
- Development and Alumni Relations
We support the University of Sussex by raising funds for the University and its work from philanthropic sources. We also engage with alumni of the University and ensure that the University is part of the lives of all its alumni.
Key services include:
- Philanthropic Fundraising (including Major Gifts, Trusts and Foundations, Legacies, and the Annual Fund)
- Alumni Relations
- University Corporate Events
- Graduation Office.
Director: Marina Pedreira-Vilarino
- We are responsible for all aspects of financial planning and management for the University of Sussex. Key services include:
- financial services to the University - accountancy, payment of suppliers, administration of insurance, invoicing of debtors, procurement of goods and services, collection of income from debtors, investment management, liaison with statutory authorities on financial matters (including accounts, returns, most of which are audited)
- assistance in the identification and exploitation of commercial opportunities or cost reduction processes in line with the University's strategic aims, and in the negotiation of the best terms for the cost of supplies to the University
- assistance in developing ideas and plans to facilitate expansion and further developments within the best practices of public sector stewardship of resources.
Schools Finance, Professional Services Finance, Fees and Income, Payments Management, Corporate Accounting Services, Procurement, Research Finance.
Director: Allan Spencer
- Human Resources
We partner the University in all aspects of its people management through the "life cycle" of an employee. Key services include:
- staff development
- payment of staff
- staff well-being
- Equality and Diversity for students and staff.
Personnel, Payroll and Pensions, Staff Development, Staff Welfare, Equalities
Director: Jane Summerville
- IT Services
We provide a high-quality networking, computing and support service to help all members of the University make the best use of information technology.
Client Services, Corporate Information Systems, Infrastructure Services
Director: Paul Davies
The University of Sussex Library delivers high-quality, innovative information services that contribute to the successful learning, teaching and research of the University and the community.
Library Academic Services and Special Collections, Library Frontline, Planning and Support Services, Library Content Delivery and Digital Strategy
If you're not a University of Sussex student but would like to use or visit our library, see our Information for Visitors site.
Librarian: Kitty Inglis
+44 (0)1273 877830
- Planning, Governance and Compliance
We combine strategic planning for the University of Sussex with corporate governance activity.
Key services include:
- providing support to the University's senior management to assist in the delivery of strategic priorities and compliance requirements
- undertaking strategic planning, incorporating management of the annual planning process and work on resource allocation
- liaising with the Higher Education Funding Council for England, including the submission of statutory returns
- protecting the University through effective corporate governance and compliance processes, including administration of the business of the University's governing body, records management and data protection
- supports the work of a number of senior University committees, including Council, Senate, Court, Strategy and Resources, Nominations, Audit and Research Strategy.
The Director of Health and Safety is part of the Planning, Governance and Compliance team. Health, Safety and Wellbeing services are delivered by Sussex Estates and Facilities.
Planning and Projects, Governance Services, Information Management and Compliance.
David Cole - Director of Planning, Governance and Compliance
- Research and Enterprise
We support the growth of the University of Sussex's research effort, and its enterprise and knowledge exchange activities.
We also support the University in working with business, government and the third sector and, where appropriate, to secure the University a beneficial interest in any commercially valuable results of its research.
Key services include:
- research development
- research finance
- contracts and IP
- research quality and impact
- Doctoral School
- Director's Office (including Research Governance and Information Systems).
Director: Ian Carter
+44 (0)1273 877718
- Residential, Sport and Trading Services
Key services include: responsibility for the development and delivery of housing, sport, retail and childcare at Sussex.
We support and enhance the student and staff experience, in line with agreed long-term development plans for the University. This includes improved social and retail provision, linked to a planned programme of residential development, and development of sports provision.
Campus Trading Services, Residential Services, Sport.
Director: Charles Dudley
T +44 (0)1273 678679
- Student Recruitment and Marketing
We lead on the University's strategy and delivery for the recruitment of undergraduate and postgraduate students for home/EU and overseas students. We ensure that the University competes at the highest level to attract the best students to Sussex from around the world.
International Office, Marketing, UK Student Recruitment, Digital and Creative Media (Web Team and Publications and Branding).
Director: Marcus Williams
+44 (0)1273 678033
- Student Services
We provide support services focused on improving the student experience, both directly to students and also to colleagues in Schools and Departments.
Careers and Employability Centre, Chaplaincy, Counselling Service (including Health and Wellbeing), International Student Support, Student Life Centre, Student Support Unit, Sussex Regional ACCESS Centre, Widening Participation.
Director: Claire Powrie
+44 (0)1273 678930 or (01273) 678930
- Sussex Estates and Facilities
Key services include:
- space, management and planning
- projects and development
- facilities management (including transport, print/reprographics, grounds, mail, cleaning, security, waste & recycling, helpdesk)
- maintenance (including telecoms and utilities)
- energy and environment.
Partnership Director: Mark Stimpson
- Sussex Food
Key services include:management of eight catering outlets, the Conference Centre and vending.