Course Leader: James Williams
Primer + SKE
This extended course will be recommended to those who do not have an A level (or equivalent level qualification) in their SKE specialist subject, or in Mathematics, or a strongly science-based degree.
It is funded by the Teaching Agency and free to participants who are also entitled to a tax-free bursary of £200 per week.
Taken over a duration of nine months in total, the first three constitute the 'Primer' part of the course which is undertaken mainly remotely with regular tutorial opportunities. Subsequently, participants join the regular 6 month SKE course.
The next course runs 1st October 2012 - 20th June 2013. * a later start date option of November may be possible
- A good GCSE (or equivalent grade) in a science subject or in Mathematics
- An A level in a science subject
- Ideally a science related degree
- A passion for your specialist subject
Participants of SKE courses become specialists in their SKE subject, able to teach it confidently to GCSE level.
SKE courses are funded by the Teaching Agency and free to participants who are also entitled to a tax-free bursary of £200 per week.
SKE courses are studied as a combination of distance learning (two days per week) and University-based learning (three days per week). Physics and Chemistry courses run simultaneously for six months from January to July.
* a later start date option of March may be possible
- An A level in your SKE subject
- A degree in a science related subject
- AS level mathematics - or equivalent qualification level
- A passion for your chosen subject
ITE Admissions (SKE)
School of Education and Social Work
University of Sussex