800g canned chickpeas, drained
5-6 tbsp tahini
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp paprika
3-4 clove garlic, chopped
juice of 1 lemons
150 ml olive oil
2 tbsp olive oil
pinch of paprika
hot pitta bread
- Place the chick peas into a food processor with the tahini, cumin, paprika, garlic and lemon juice.
- Add half of the olive oil and blitz to a smooth puree.
- Scrape down the sides of the processor bowl and add the remaining olive oil.
- Blitz the mixture again and turn the hummus into a serving bowl.
- Just before serving, drizzle with extra olive oil and sprinkle with paprika.
- Serve with very hot pitta bread.