Welcome to the University of Sussex postgraduate application system. Thank you for choosing to apply to the University of Sussex for your postgraduate course. To be considered for postgraduate study at Sussex, you must register to submit an application online. Applying online is free of charge and includes the following features:
- ability to submit all supporting documents, including references, alongside the application
- online tracker updates you on the process of the application
- any offer letter is available online to view/print as soon as a decision has been reached
- if a visa is required, the CAS number is displayed online and a statement can be printed immediately
- students eligible for University accommodation can submit their housing application online too.
The length of time taken to reach a decision will vary as each application is considered on its individual strengths and merits. Research applications will usually take longer to process than those for taught courses but in all cases, we will aim to reach a decision as soon as possible.
First time applying
- How do I register to apply online?
You need to complete and submit the form on the sign up page to create an online application account. You are required to provide a few personal details and, for security, type the characters that appear in the box below the form. This is a necessary security stage and must be completed in order to apply, if you are unable to complete this section, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What if I do not receive an activation email?
Once you have completed the sign up form, an activation email will be sent to you. The email contains a URL that must be followed in order to activate your online account. If you do not receive an email, it may have been filtered out by your junk mail filter, please check your junk mail settings. Please ensure the whole URL is copied and pasted into your browser in order to activate the account successfully. Once the account has been activated, you can log in using the email address and password chosen when you registered.
- Do I need to complete the application in one session?
No, you can log out at any time and your progress will be saved.
- How can I get help with submitting an application?
If you are an international applicant, one of our overseas representatives can advise you. Their contact details can be found at http://www.sussex.ac.uk/international/prospective/contactus/representatives
Queries about using the online application system can be sent to email@example.com.
T +44(0) 1273 877773
F +44(0) 1273 678545
- What documents do I need to create an application?
We cannot consider your application unless it has all the required information and the supporting documents that we need. You can submit your application without these but it will delay your application. We will need:
- Personal Statement (for taught course applications i.e. Masters)
- Research Proposal (for research applications i.e. Phd)
- Transcripts (your final transcript if it is available or transcript of your grades so far)
- Degree certificate(s) (if available)
- At least 2 academic references (or provide the contact details for your referees and the University will email them)
- Resume/CV (recommended)
- How do I log in to my existing application?
You can log in to your existing application using the email address and password that you registered with.
- What if I forget my log in details?
If you forget your password or want to reset it at any time, you can follow the ‘Forgot your Password’ link at the Log in page.
- I have applied before, can I use the same account?
If you have applied in a previous academic cycle, you will need to register for a new account to apply again.