Whatever your passion in psychology we have the expertise to support you as we are one of the largest departments of psychology in the UK with specialists in every discipline.
Have you ever wondered why…
- You are scared of the dark or spiders?
- You get moody?
- You get fooled by visual illusions?
- You identify with some people and not others?
As a psychology student at Sussex you will explore these questions, and many others, through a scientific study of people, the mind and behaviour.
To find out more about our undergraduate degrees, refer to our Downloads for prospective students page.
Why study Psychology at Sussex?
We are committed to making your experience as an undergraduate exciting and rewarding:
- We listen and respond to our students’ needs which is why Psychology at Sussex is highly rated in the top ten for student satisfaction.
(source: National Student Survey in the Guardian University Guide 2014)
- Our psychology graduates are in high demand with employment prospects ranked among the top ten universities.
(source: The Good University Guide 2014)
- You can read the books our lecturers write wherever you study but why not come to Sussex to learn directly from the authors?
All our courses are accredited by the British Psychological Society and enable you to undertake further training as a professional psychologist – the Graduate Basis for Chartered Membership (GBC) – provided the minimum standard of qualification of second-class honours is achieved. This means that you will be eligible to train to become, for example, a clinical or educational psychologist.
Our foundation year offers preparation for our degrees for international students who do not meet the requirements for direct entry to our first year. Refer to International Foundation Year and International Year 1 Diploma.